Reclaimed Water for Beneficial Reuse involves taking what was once considered
product wastewater, giving it a specialized level of treatment and using the resulting quality water as reclaimed water for various other uses. The process water reclaimed is used to replace or supplement a source of ground water or potable water consumption. Depending upon the specifics of an application, extensive treatment and disinfection may be required to protect health and environmental quality, while other applications involving limited public accessibility may not need a high level of treatment.
The following are just a few of the benefits of Process water reclaim:
• Reduces demands on valuable ground water supplies, used for irrigation or drinking water.
• Helps to reduce pollutant loading to surface waters.
• Process water reclaim can postpone costly investment for development of new water sources and supplies.
• Allows multiple uses of land for agriculture and reuse of reclaimed water.
• Process water reclaim can save money and can provide aesthetic value.
This process water reclaim system utilizes ultrafiltration to treat reclaimed wastewater produced by a surface finishing company. The system also includes two-stage reverse osmosis systems, media filtration, chemical dosing, and a clarifier. This system can recover more than 90% of the treated wastewater.
Haliant Technologies manufactures a variety of products that may be used in a process water reclaim solution to recover wastewater. Depending on the quality of the water to be treated and the quality of the water desired a variety of technologies may be required. Process water reclaim products available from Haliant Technologies are:
This Reverse Osmosis System treats reclaimed wastewater produced by a large commercial bakery, thereby reducing discharge and reducing the demand for city water.